Previous Posts

Powered By

Powered by Blogger

Free URL Redirection @ .co.nr


Dedicated to Prisoners of War

There is not much I can do about pushing India's POW issue further but I couldn’t stop myself from writing this poem; and I dedicate it to the entire Indian army POW still waiting for their freedom.

To the epitome of braveness
It would be still less
If I salute you a thousand times
For guarding us from impending crimes

I wasn’t born then,
When stood all you brave men
In front of the enemy,
The never losing… Indian army

Time has moved ahead,
We no longer need to dread
Amidst our loved ones, safe and sound,
In our sky, our ground

With only one grief in the heart,
You lie in the days of the past
With no signs of freedom,
From the atrocities of some

Frustrated and helpless we are,
Unable to get you out of the bar
Forgive us for the blame,
For not relieving you, from your pain.

Labels: , , ,

By I-m-me @ 2:48 PM,

5 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

U r just too good.
A person who thinks for others can write this.
To write those lines one has to feel the pain of others

Hats off to you...

 
At 1:46 AM, Blogger I-m-me said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Shashank said...

wow!! that was great!!!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Simon said...

Nice poem.

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice end rhymes

http://www.poetrynest.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Design provided by Kewl-Kapricornian - Be an Observer, to Discover...

 Subscribe